Mary-Clare Race - Inspirational stories of woman

 Mary-Clare Race

Chief Innovation and Product Officer
United States

“Early in my career, I worked in fairly male-dominant environments and didn’t have many strong female role models. Many of the women senior to me seemed to lead in a way that wasn’t very authentic and adopted behaviors that they felt were needed to succeed in a man’s world. I didn’t want to approach leadership with that mindset, so I have always strived to be true to who I am.

Mary-Clare Race - Inspirational stories of woman


“Fortunately, I had a few women outside of work who influenced me in a big way, including my mum. She was a super smart lady and raised me to understand that I could accomplish anything I set my mind to. I also had some wonderful female teachers and professors who nurtured this sense that I could pursue my passions in life and that I wasn’t limited because I was a woman. I’ve tried to channel that mindset by being a leader who provides a springboard for others in their career - especially younger women. I’m trying to be the kind of role model that my mum and my teachers were for me.

  Click here
“There’s been a real theme in my career around creating teams and environments where psychological safety is present, and I definitely see that as something that all leaders should promote. I have been in situations in the past where it didn’t feel okay to be myself or to have a voice, and I always found it more difficult to excel in those situations. And I have seen situations where other people were held back or missed out on opportunities because of their gender, education, background or even the way they spoke. In these types of situations, I try to challenge that behavior and feel we all have a responsibility to call those things out. I’ve always felt that if you are able to be fully yourself and you’re able to put your whole self into your work, you have the best chance of thriving and being successful.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment